We’re honored to return another year as a presenting sponsor for Get Your Rear in Gear!
About Get Your Rear in Gear- Charlotte
- GYRIG is a race put on each year by the Colon Cancer Coalition.
- Charlotte Gastro has been a presenting sponsor of GYRIG for the past 12 years
- Each year, the practice has been one of the largest corporate teams and the largest corporate fundraiser.
- All proceeds from the event stay in the local community to provide:
- Screening & Prevention (70% of funds)- provides screenings and financial assistance to underinsured/uninsured individuals, improves patient health with risk assessments, education, research programs, help eliminate barriers to screenings
- Patient Support (23% of funds)- support and advocacy programs for colon cancer patients and their families, provides financial assistance to help alleviate the financial strain of active cancer treatment, and programs teaching survivors ways to deal with the physical and emotional stress of cancer
- Public Education & Awareness Campaigns (7% of funds)- multiple print and television awareness campaigns in the Charlotte area, reminding the community to get screened if they’re over the age of 45 or are having symptoms, and educate about symptoms and family history
This year’s event is a virtual/live hybrid. Team Charlotte Gastro will be showing our support virtually with office events the week (March 15-19) leading up to the race.
5K Run/Walk Details:
Sunday, March 21
8711 Monroe Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28212
9:00 am- Wave One 5K TIMED Run
10:00 am- Wave TWO 5K UNTIMED Run/Walk
11:00 am- Wave THREE 5K TIMED Run (if Wave One fills up)
12:00 pm- Wave FOUR 5K Untimed Run/Walk
We’d love to have you run in representation of our team or join us virtually. Click HERE to register or donate.