What is Infusion Therapy?
Infusion therapy is the administration of medication or nutrition through a needle or a catheter. It is used with very severe conditions that are not effectively treated through oral medications. Infusion therapy is also prescribed when a digestive disorder does not allow the body to absorb nutrients normally.
Infusion therapy at charlotte gastro
We offer infusion centers at our Randolph Road and Huntersville office locations, where patients enjoy the privacy and convenience of not having to go outside of a doctor’s office to receive treatment. Additional benefits of receiving infusion therapy at Charlotte Gastro include:
- Easily accessible facility and parking
- Experienced infusion nurse, solely dedicated to infusion patients
- No wait times for therapies to be delivered from a pharmacy– medications are mixed and drawn onsite
- Faster appointment times due to intimate size of clinic
- Comfortable recliners, warm blankets, WiFi, television, drinks, snacks, and reading materials available throughout treatment
We are currently infusing medication for the following conditions:
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Iron deficiencies