Caroline Barrett, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Adult gastroenterology and hepatology
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Colon cancer screening
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of American (CCFA)
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society (MCMS)
- North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS)
- North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology (NCSG)
Caroline Barrett, MD joined Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology in August of 2023 after completing her fellowship at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. She received both her undergraduate and medical degrees from UNC, but did enjoy some time away from the Tar Heel state while completing her internal medicine residency in Nashville, TN.
A Lake Norman native, she is excited to return to her hometown to care for patients. She enjoys the balance the field of Gastroenterology provides between chronic disease management and preventative health. She has special interests in inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, women’s GI health, and colon cancer prevention.
Dr. Barrett is married and has a young daughter. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time on Lake Norman, exploring parks and playgrounds with her daughter, yoga, and traveling to the NC beaches and mountains.