Devi Thangavelu, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Adult gastroenterology and hepatology
- Colon cancer screening
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society (MCMS)
- North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS)
- North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology (NCSG)
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA)
- Charlotte Magazine Top Doctor Award 2021, 2022, 2023
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor Award 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Dr. Thangavelu attended medical school at SUNY: Brooklyn, Downstate College of Medicine where she was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. After completing her residency and fellowship, Dr. Thangavelu practiced gastroenterology for seven years with a large multi-specialty practice in New York. She joined Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology in 2016 as part of the Lake physician team.
Dr. Thangavelu enjoys gastroenterology because of the balance this specialty offers between spending time with patients in a clinical setting and being able to perform procedures.
In her free time, Dr. Thangavelu enjoys traveling and trying new restaurants. She lives in Huntersville with her husband and their two sons.