Nicholas Crews, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, MN
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Adult gastroenterology and hepatology
- Colon cancer screening
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Gastroesophageal diseases
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of American (CCFA)
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society (MCMS)
- North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS)
- North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology (NCSG)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2021, 2022, 2023
Dr. Crews joined Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology in 2019 after completing his fellowship at the Indiana University School of Medicine. He received both his undergraduate and medical degrees from Saint Louis University, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. After living in the Midwest for 15 years, he and his wife were excited to return to their hometown of Charlotte.
While Dr. Crews enjoys treating the wide breadth of disorders within gastroenterology and hepatology. He has authored multiple journal publications and presented his research work at national society meetings on Barrett’s esophagus and other topics.
His philosophy for patient care is prioritizing communication and thoughtful, shared decision making. While discussing medical issues that are complex by nature, he strives to educate his patients about their disease in an understandable way. Dr. Crews’s goal is for his patients to feel listened to, never rushed, and leave their visit with the confidence of knowing the next step and timeline of their care.
During his free time, Dr. Crews enjoys photography, travel, and several outdoor activities including hiking, biking, and golfing. His football loyalty goes to the Carolina Panthers and Ohio State Buckeyes, and he’s a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan. Dr. Crews and his wife have three young children and a dog named Louis