Sanjib P. Mohanty, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC
- UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
- Randolph Road
- Adult gastroenterology and hepatology
- Colon cancer screening
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Clinical research
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangipancreatography (ERCP)
- Advanced therapeutic endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of American (CCFA)
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society (MCMS)
- North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS)
- North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology (NCSG)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor Award 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Charlotte Magazine Top Doctor Award 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Chairman of the Gastroenterology Division at Novant Presbyterian Medical Center
- Former Co-director of the Charlotte Gastroenterology Research Division
- President of Charlotte Gastroenterology
Dr. Mohanty has a special interest in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and is trained in both diagnostic and advanced therapeutic endoscopic techniques, including ERCP. He is currently the chairman of the Gastroenterology Division at Novant Presbyterian Medical Center. Along with Dr. Wilson, Dr. Mohanty was the co-director of Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology’s Research Division and currently serves as president.
While attending medical school, he served proudly as co-president of his medical school class and was honored with a student research award by the American Digestive Health Foundation for work in the area of inflammatory bowel disease.
Outside of work, Dr. Mohanty’s hobbies include playing golf and tennis in his hometown of Charlotte. He also enjoys traveling with his wife and their two daughters.