Viral D. Patel, MD, FACG
- Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (CCF), Cleveland, OH
- University of Chicago – NorthShore University Health System, Chicago, IL
- Mint Hill
- Adult gastroenterology and hepatology
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Clinical gastroenterology
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Liver disease
- Celiac disease
- Colon cancer screening
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society (MCMS)
- North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS)
- North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology (NCSG)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA)
- Charlotte Magazine Top Doctor Award 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor Award 2021, 2022, 2023
Viral Patel, MD, FACG joined the Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology physician team in January 2019.
Dr. Patel comes from a military family and thus moved around the world as a child. After receiving his undergraduate biomedical engineering degree, he decided to teach high school math and chemistry. During residency, he was able to consult for McKinsey and Company. That experience grew his passion for quality improvement within the field of gastroenterology. With this, he strives for the excellent care and the best outcomes for his patients. He has authored numerous journal publications and presented at professional society meetings.
His wife, Dr. Dhwani Mehta, is a practicing dermatologist. They have two children. In his spare time, Dr. Patel enjoys reading, hiking, traveling, cooking and sports, especially the NFL and Kentucky basketball.